Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feb. finish - at last

There's nothing like leaving things till the last minute to get the adrenaline flowing. Last year each member of the online friendship stitching group I belong to received a birthday stitchery - and we all got a big shock fairly recently when told the deadline for finishing it was March 3. Yikes! So having made a desultory beginning when I was recovering from pneumonia late last year (my birthday is in May and the stitchery was on the list to be done SOMETIME....) stitch, stitch, stitch I went, with an interruption yesterday to race along to Spotlight for some more thread (a very nice interruption, as it turned out, as I ran into Annie Flowergarden - hi Annie, it was lovely to see you!) Finished stitching last night or rather this morning - as I was washing the piece last night I noticed a short row of stitching still to be done - and it is now framed (in a rustic frame purchased at the Arts Centre Market in Melbourne a couple of Sundays ago ) and displayed on my sewing room wall. I'd always intended to frame this piece, not use it on a bag/cushion or anything else. So not only have I made the group's deadline, I've also squeaked in for a February finish; this really is a OPAM! Just for the record, the stitchery was designed by Leanne Beasley, whose designs are always gorgeous. And thanks to Cathy, who gave it to me.

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Jan it looks so good....Peg OPAM 2010

Jan said...

Very well done Jan, that is gorgeous clever girl ...love Jan xx

Chookyblue...... said...

love that stitchery Jan.........sometimes they don't need fiddly finishing..........I love framing mine

Jo in TAS said...

Beautiful finish Jan, love the frame!

Allie said...

That's absolutely darling - congrats on squeaking in to the finish! Yes, it does get the ol' heart pumping when you realize you have a deadline, lol.

Tess said...

Great work Jan, just gorgeous. I'm still working on mine...I wonder if I make it!

Khris said...

This is gorgeous...love it..hugs Khris

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely stitchery! Lisa

Unknown said...

Stitching interrupted by a trip to Spotlight mmm sounds like my kind of day !