Sunday, July 17, 2011

Christmas in July swap

I've mentioned before that I'm part of an online stitching group called
Friends in Stitching. And yes, we all think of each other as friends although many of us have not met (although we are planning a get-together next year; fingers crossed).
We do regular swaps for each other and the latest was a Christmas in July stocking swap. I don'tknow about Queensland, where some of the girls in the group live, but in Ballarat, where I live, it has certainly been cold enough to feel properly Christmassy.
Anyway - I received my stocking from Tracy in Narromine on Friday and have been admiring it ever since. I love the choice of fabrics and that quirky reindeer stitchery.
Maree was my swap partner - I raided my stash and coincidentally used the same pattern (by Anni Downs of Hatched and Patched) as Tracy. Aren't the results so different!
And I was lucky enough to be able to hand over Maree's stocking in person. Maree and her family live on a farm in NSW and have been travelling around for a few weeks. They'd arranged to get together with fellow bloggy friends Jodie (Vintage Ric Rac) and Rachel(Four Wise Monkeys) and we had a lovely afternoon tea and lots of laughs at Jodie's house - thanks, Jod! It was great to meet Maree and her lovely family.


8 comments:

Christine M said...

Isn't it amazing how the same pattern looks so different due to the choice of fabrics! They both look lovely. Hugs, Christine

Unknown said...

Beautiful Stockings..it's been Fun seeing Everyone' View of the Xmas Stocking...
Nice to hear you had a chance to meet up with Maree..I'm sure You Girl's had a Great Time..
cheers

rachelmp said...

Looks fantastic. It was such a good afternoon yesterday too. Love those hatched and patched patterns

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love both versions Jan.....it is like we all know each other so well....how wonderful to have caught up with Maree, I had the pleasure of meeting Maree a few years ago at GDITC...and as for Trace she is such a gorgeous girl and so very talented...

Chookyblue...... said...

oh they are both great Jan........but look so different.........fancy being able to deliver Maree's face to face...very special.........

Debbie said...

Your Christmas stockings are lovely. I haven't seen that pattern but will certainly have to chase it up, great pattern. Lovely in both colours.

Allie said...

DARLING stockings - so glad you got to deliver yours in person, how fun is that!

Khris said...

cute cute cute...hugs Khris