Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hello again.

A pinch and a punch for the first of the month! I can't believe how quickly this year is disappearing. It will be Christmas in no time. Do you give handmade Christmas gifts? I do like to make at least some of mine - my 3 brothers all received drawstring bags for Christmas last year and I've made them also for my daughter this year and for my husband's birthday on Sunday. Handiest things ever (and quick and easy too - can't beat that combination! ) SOTAK Handmade  has a great tutorial. And I've made a few decorations with felt and some of Theodora Cleave's gorgeous buttons. Quick and easy again. But that's it. Every year I plan to start early and make more gifts but it never happens.  Oh well, there's always next year.

The weather has been terrific this week and I'm feeling terrific too, which is pretty nice after weeks of having a cold and generally feeling blah. Winters here in Ballarat are long and chilly but I'll be complaining about the heat before too long. There's just no pleasing some people! The Mister and I went off for a drive to one of our favourite places just out of town this afternoon.Lambley Nursery at Ascot has beautiful gardens where you can wander to your heart's content. The tulips are still gorgeous and the countryside is so green, with flowering canola adding touches of vivid yellow. I'm sorry I can't show you how lovely it all is - I'm still unable to add pics through Blogger. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

5 comments:

Janice said...

It sounds like all is good in your world. Spring is a lovely time of year to feel rejuvenated.

Susan said...

Glad to hear Spring has arrived for you. I will soon be complaining about the heat too......I would be quite happy if we just skipped summer and went to autumn. I try to make gifts too......I'm feeling a range of covered coat hangers coming up this year.

barbara woods said...

about to be winter up here , glad you are feeling better

Lorraine said...

I am with Susan....happy to skip summer and go to autumn! Spring is beautiful with its lovely cool mornings and sunny days.....although this weekend we are having a taste of summer with temps in the mid thirties....too warm...too soon. This year is flying ....not long and I will be calling in for that visit! x

Cheryll said...

I think your time is hiding with mine...cause this year is passing by way to quickly. Xox